Required for Spring 2020.
Mary Tavy and Brentor Primary are seeking to appoint an experienced SENCO. The successful candidate will be non-class based and will have responsibility for leading, managing, developing and maintaining high-quality SEN provision across the Federation. This post is 0.1 FTE (a day a week).
The successful candidate will have:
- A commitment to an inclusive education for all children;
- Ability to lead others
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- A good knowledge of the SENCO code of practice and experience of the EHCP process and Early Help services;
- Ability to communicate effectively with other professionals;
- Experience in supporting SEND children and their families and ideally a knowledge of Thrive.
The successful applicant will undertake, or already have, the National Award for SENCOs which is a mandatory part of the role.
Application forms and job specification can be downloaded from our website (Under 'Vacancies'). Please email application forms to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
A DBS disclosure is required for this post.
Closing date 9am 17th January 2020.
Please note that where appropriate, shortlisted and/or potentially suitable applicants, including volunteers, will be required to undertake checks, including references, and will be required to provide a Disclosure from the DBS
Click here for more information.