Keeping children safe is our priority
• On arrival to the school please make yourselves known to the office and sign in, please be aware that ID will be checked if you are unknown to the school.
• Remember to sign out when you leave the school site.
• Please wear a visitor’s lanyard during your visit.
• Please take a moment to read our visitors’ guide
• Mobile phones may not be used on site
• If you have any safeguarding concerns, please report them to our DSL or DDSL.
You can find more information at: http://www.devonsafeguardingchildren.org/
Top Ten Safeguarding Tips
• Listen and accept
• Say you will share information
• Don’t promise confidentiality
• Reassure the child
• Tell the child that you take them seriously
• Try not to interrupt
• Ask questions only to clarify
• Note accurately what the child says
• Don’t investigate
• Report ASAP to the child protection officers
We are an Operation Encompass School
Operation Encompass is the reporting to schools, prior to the start of the next school day, when a child or young person has exposed to, or involved in, any domestic incident by D&C Police
Operation Encompass will ensure that a member of the school staff, known as a Key Adult, is trained to allow them to liaise with the police and to use the information that has been shared, in confidence, while ensuring that the school is able to make provision for possible difficulties experienced by children or their families, who have been involved in, or exposed to, a domestic abuse incident.
We are keen to offer the best support possible to all our pupils and we believe this will be extremely beneficial for all those involved.
Operation Encompass website: www.operationencompass.org
Splitz Domestic Abuse Service: www.splitz.org
Please use the link below to access the NSPCC website
Please click on the Think U Know link below for advice for keeping children safe online. This site gives guidance to parents and children on how to keep safe online
Unfortunately not the ones with chocolate chips.
Our cookies ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please make your choice!
Some cookies are necessary in order to make this website function correctly. These are set by default and whilst you can block or delete them by changing your browser settings, some functionality such as being able to log in to the website will not work if you do this. The necessary cookies set on this website are as follows:
A 'sessionid' token is required for logging in to the website and a 'crfstoken' token is
used to prevent cross site request forgery.
An 'alertDismissed' token is used to prevent certain alerts from re-appearing if they have been dismissed.
An 'awsUploads' object is used to facilitate file uploads.
We use Matomo cookies to improve the website performance by capturing information such as browser and device types. The data from this cookie is anonymised.
Cookies are used to help distinguish between humans and bots on contact forms on this website.
A cookie is used to store your cookie preferences for this website.Cookies that are not necessary to make the website work, but which enable additional functionality, can also be set. By default these cookies are disabled, but you can choose to enable them below: